Chiang Mai Urban Adventure
Day tours, with a local
Chiang Mai Urban Adventues give you the chance you to see the local life and learn about the long history of this main city of Northern Thailand. The different geography and culture you will witness on these sightseeing tours of Chiang Mai will make you feel peaceful. Northern people still live their own lifestyle that is quite unique such as local food, dialect and traditional. Our Chiang Mai tours will bring you within arm's length of these interesting ways of life.
Local knowledge, Local experiences.
from 4 reviews
From THB 2,293.00
Be spirited away on this early morning Chiang Mai tour which puts you at the epicentre of Buddhist rituals. Learn to meditate, offer alms to monks, and make an offering at a temple - this is a spiritual adventure for the seekers.more...
Mae Ping River Experience
from 2 reviews
From THB 2,105.00
Spend your morning with monks, your day cruising the river, your lunch eating noodles with a local farmer, and your afternoon at the markets on this Chiang Mai tour that immerses you in all types of typically Thai situations.more...
The National Mother’s Day of Thailand
[ 12/08/2015 ]
The National Mother’s Day of Thailand is on August 12th of every year. This is the birthday of Queen Sirikit, the queen consort of Bhumibol Adulyadej, King Rama IX as The queen is esteemed as our mother.
The special day has been celebrated first time since 1976 by NATIONAL COUNCIL ON SOCIAL WELFARE OF THAILAND. On this day, we will see the fantastic decoration on the trees at every side of the road in Bangkok to celebrate in Honors of Her Majesty the Queen.Yee Peng - Loy Krathong
Place: Maeping Riverside - [ 19/11/2015 - 21/11/2015 ]
Loykrathong occurs throughout Thailand on the fullmoon night of the twelth month (~ Nov - Dec). This festival will show you the long-life tradition of more than 600 years since Sukhothai period.
Yee Peng is a festival on the same period with Loy Krathong, but there are some different meanings and actions in the Northern Part of Thailand.
Place: City Moat, Chiang Mai - [ 10/04/2016 - 17/04/2016 ]
Songkran Festival is the most fun festival in summer time. Everywhere will be crowded, with thousands of people lining up inside and outside of the city moat to wait and splash water on each other.more events...
Chiang Mai, City has life
more... more stories...
01 Feb 2015 This was the absolute highlight of my 5 days in Chiang Mai. I was lucky enough to be the only person booked on this experience so could really talk with my guide, Thongbang, who was absolutely lovely and clearly had a passion for educating people about Buddhism. We went to markets and one particular temple where there were no tourists at all so I truly got to see and experience things I just wouldn't have without Urban Adventures. LOVED it!
12 Nov 2014 Our guide stepped in with very little notice to provide a genuinely mature experience for us in Chiang Mai.The highlight was that she came prepared with offerings for us to give to the monks at the ancient temple, allowing us to participate fully in the experience. In many previous UAs in different countries we have been guided rapidly around, fed with unretainable statistics and moved on to the next feature of the day. On the less happy side, not our guide's fault, the description of the day led us to believe that we would be having a meal with a local farmer / family. Instead our meal was at a commercial restaurant. The booking service repeatedly did not acknowledge our email notifications to them of change of hotel from several weeks out. We eventually got our hotel reception to phone the night before.
27 Sep 2014 Our guide was fantastic and really provided a culturally rich insight into the thai people and life in Chiang Mai.
16 Feb 2014 We had a great day with Urban Adventures. Our guide was engaging, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. The river cruise itself was not very exciting, but we loved the other aspects of the tour.
10 Oct 2012 wonderful day, and the guide was extremely helpful and knowledgable . It was great to do the trip with someone who was a practising buddist and could tell us so much about the religion. Really recommend this as a great way to get an insight into the monks daily life. Learnt lots and was a highlight of the trip
09 Oct 2012 A wonderful trip with an excellent and obviously very much enthusiastic and committed guide. The fact that we were the only two on the trip made it even more special.
12 Mar 2012 I was the only one on the tour so it was more like a private tour and was able to spend more and less time at certain stops. We started out the morning by giving alms to the monks and learning the meaning behind it. We also made a stop for a traditional breakfast and eat with local people on their way to work. I also got to meet and get a blessing from the Abbott of one of the Wats. It was an amazing experience! Don't miss out on the opportunity to chat with the monks. I beleive they enjoyed it just as much as I did.
14 Aug 2011 Great tour,a wonderful experience. Our guide was fantastic. Would highly recommend the tour.
26 Jul 2011 Aon was an absolutely delightful guide, we would love to do another tour with her
23 Apr 2011 The guide was great, I learnt so much on this tour. Will be using urban adventures again for sure!
The Chiang Mai Urban Adventures team are passionate about their hometown. From the food and its amazingly friendly people to its history and all those little hidden gems that few tourists get to see. Join them in on an adventure as they introduce you to the Rose of the North, a city they lovingly call home.
Feels like: 30°C
Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.